Loves is in the air. Treat yourself and your loved ones with Thann Sanctuary Cupid-approved Jasmine Blossom Therapy and if you’re shopping for the perfect Valentine’s Day gift then you’re in the right place. We’re full of gift ideas for that special someone. Discover gifts for men, gifts for women and gifts for all in the shape of our Thann Sanctuary spa voucher today and sweep them off their feet.
Jasmine Blossom Therapy 2HRS 30MIN
Experience 6,800,000 jasmine blossoms in treatment to arouse your senses from head to toe. The session begins with a Jasmine Body Scrub using ground organic red rice powder and corn cobs to exfoliate away the dead skin cells, follow by Thann Sensory Aromatic Massage using a leave-in body masque rich in Shea Cocoa Butter, Jojoba, Rice Bran Oil and Jasmine extract to deeply hydrate the skin. Designed to relax the mind, lifts depression and promote supple skin.
Centella & Jasmine Body Scrub 60MIN
Softer than salt, this unique nourishing cream-based scrub contains natural exfoliating particles from corn cob, ground organic jasmine and red rice powders to gently rejuvenate and radiate the skin. This mild scrub stimulates the lymphatic system, removes dry cells and encourages free flow of energy throughout the body. The finishing touch of Jasmine Body Oil Spray infused with Marshmallow oil and Pennywort extract ensures smooth and hydrate skin.
Health Benefits of Jasmine Essential Oil
Although expensive, Jasmine essential oil does more than just smell exquisite – it deeply relaxes, lifts depression and boosts confidence, eases childbirth, helps with sexual problems, soothes coughing and tones and improves skin elasticity, while helping to reduce stretch marks and scars.
Origin of jasmine oil
Jasmine is an evergreen, fragile, climbing shrub, that can grow up to 10 meters (33 feet) high and has dark green leaves and small white star-shaped flowers, which are picked at night, when the aroma is most intense.
Originally from China and Northern India, it was brought to Spain by the Moors, with France, Italy, Morocco, Egypt, China, Japan and Turkey currently producing the best essential oil.
Around 6.8 million hand-picked jasmine blossoms are needed to produce 1 kilo of essential oil.
The name Jasmine is derived from the Persian word ‘yasmin’. The Chinese, Arabians and Indians used it medicinally, as well as for an aphrodisiac and for other ceremonial purposes. In Turkey, the wood is used for making rope stems and jasmine tea is a Chinese favorite (but Jasminum sambac – Arabian jasmine – is normally used for this) and in Indonesia it is used as a popular garnish.
Jasmine is one of the most expensive oils to buy as it is costly and difficult to extract. Around 6.8 million hand-picked jasmine blossoms are needed to produce 1 kilo of essential oil. They also need to be picked at night as their aroma becomes more powerful after dark! An experienced picker can pick up to 15 000 blossoms a night.
Therapeutic Properties of Jasmine Oil:
- Soothing, calming and revitalising oil. This makes it very valuable for severe depression, it soothes the nerves whilst restoring optimism and energy.
- Uplifting and euphoric and so helps boost confidence, whilst at the same time reducing fears and anxieties.
- It is still probably most famous for being an aphrodisiac, bringing out feelings of love and emotional warmth. Because of its deeply soothing and calming nature, jasmine oil helps with sexual problems such as impotence, premature ejaculation and frigidity.
- It is a valuable remedy in cases of severe depression and soothes the nerves, producing a feeling of confidence, optimism and euphoria, while revitalizing and restoring energy.
- It has a very beneficial effect on the respiratory system, by soothing irritating coughs and helping with hoarseness and laryngitis. It furthermore helps with muscle pain, sprains, and stiff limbs.
- Tones dry, greasy, irritated and sensitive skin, increases elasticity and is often used to assist with stretch marks and to reduce scarring.
- Facilitates delivery in childbirth: it hastens the birth by strengthening the contractions and at the same time relieves pain. It is effective in post-natal depression and promotes the flow of breast milk.
- Jasmine is useful for regulating menstruation and easing painful periods.